The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau today announced the appointment of new members to its Community Bank Advisory Council. CBAC members serve a two-year term and provide advice on how the CFPB’s policies and rulemakings affect community banks. Newly selected CBAC members are:
- Patrick Ervin, EVP at Independent Bank, Troy, Mich.
- ABA Agricultural and Rural Bankers Committee Chairman Shan Hanes, president and CEO, Heartland Tri-State Bank, Elkhart, Kan.
- Bruce Ocko, SVP for mortgage and consumer lending, Bangor Savings Bank, Bangor, Maine
- Valerie Quiett, SVP and chief legal officer, M&F Bank, Durham, N.C.
They join the following members returning for a second year:
- CBAC Chairman Aubery Hulings, VP and operations manager, Farmers National Bank, Emlenton, Pa.
- Maureen Busch, VP and compliance/CRA officer at Bank of Tampa, Tampa, Fla.
- Erik Beguin, president and CEO, Austin Capital Bank, Austin, Texas
- Heidi Sexton, EVP and COO, Sound Community Bank, Seattle.
Meanwhile, Tim Welsh—Minneapolis-based U.S. Bank’s vice chairman for consumer and business banking—was named to the CFPB’s Consumer Advisory Board.