The ABA nominating committee — chaired by Jeff Plagge, president and CEO of Northwest Financial Corp., Arnolds Park, Iowa — has selected a slate of candidates for the association’s board of directors. New board nominees are:
- A. Scott Anderson, president and CEO, Zions Bank, Salt Lake City.
- Rheo A. Brouillard, president and CEO, Savings Institute Bank and Trust Company, Willimantic, Conn.
- Deborah A. Cole, president and CEO, Citizens Savings Bank and Trust Company, Nashville, Tenn.
- Luther Deaton, Jr., chairman, president and CEO, Central Bank and Trust Company, Lexington, Ky.
- Manolo Sanchez, chairman and CEO, BBVA Compass, Houston.
- Julieann M. Thurlow, president and CEO, Reading Co-Operative Bank, Reading, Mass.
The nominees will join other sitting board members and ABA’s new officers announced in July following the officers’ election during the ABA Annual Convention, Nov. 8-10 in Los Angeles.