The American Bankers Association Foundation today announced the names of the experts responsible for judging the 2018 Community Commitment Awards. The winners of the awards will be announced in October at the ABA Annual Convention in New York.
The awards program recognizes innovative and high-impact contributions that banks make in six categories. Judges will choose a winner for their designated category based on the creativity and thoughtfulness of the program and whether it demonstrates measurable success. In addition, the George Bailey Distinguished Service Award recognizes a non-CEO employee who demonstrates outstanding initiative and inspires others through community service. This year’s judges include:
- Affordable Housing: Maurice Jones, president and CEO, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Community & Economic Development: Donna Gambrell, president and CEO, Appalachian Community Capital
- Economic Inclusion: Andrea Levere, president, Prosperity Now
- Financial Education: Thomas Foley, managing director, World Institute on Disability
- Protecting Older Americans: Ed Hutchison, director of traffic safety & triad programs, National Sheriffs’ Association
- Volunteerism: Steve Culbertson, president and CEO, Youth Service America