ABA added eight banks to its Nasdaq Community Bank Index (ABAQ) today. The index now includes 367 community banks with a combined market cap of over $199 billion. The new additions are:
• Triumph Bancorp, Dallas
• National Commerce Corporation, Birmingham, Ala.
• First Northwest Bancorp, Port Angeles, Wash.
• First Foundation Inc., Irving, Calif.
• Veritex Holdings, Dallas
• Avenue Financial Holdings, Nashville, Tenn.
• County Bancorp, Manitowoc, Wis.,
• CB Financial Services Inc., Carmichaels, Pa.
BOK Financial Corp., Tulsa, Okla., was removed from the index as it is now one of the 50 largest banks. The index, launched in 2003, represents all Nasdaq-listed banks and savings associations except the 50 largest banks and those with international or credit card specializations.
The ABAQ index is “the most broadly representative stock index for community banks and remains an important tool for giving banks more visibility with analysts and investors,” ABA said.