The American Bankers Association added 12 banks to its Nasdaq Community Bank Index (ABAQ) today. The index now includes 341 community banks with a combined market cap of $294 billion. The newest additions are:
- Community First Bancshares, Harrison, Ark.
- Guaranty Bancshares, Mount Pleasant, Texas
- Farmers & Merchants Bancorp, Archbold, Ohio
- Esquire Financial Holdings, Jericho, N.Y.
- Eagle Financial Bancorp, Cincinnati
- RBB Bancorp, Los Angeles
- The Bank of Princeton, Princeton, N.J.
- PDL Community Bancorp, Bronx, N.Y.
- Fidelity D&D Bancorp, Dunmore, Pa.
- FFBW, Inc., Brookfield, Wis.
- Cambridge Bancorp, Cambridge, Mass.
- Merchants Bancorp, Carmel, Ind.
The index, launched in 2003, represents all Nasdaq-listed banks and savings associations except the 50 largest banks and those with international or credit card specializations. The ABAQ index is “the most broadly representative stock index for community banks and remains an important tool for giving banks more visibility with analysts and investors,” ABA said.