American Banker yesterday named five bankers — all of them ABA members — as 2016 Digital Banker of the Year honorees. The following bankers were selected by the magazine’s technology staff for their achievements in the digital space:
- Gavin Michael, head of digital, JPMorgan Chase
- Suresh Ramamurthi, chairman and CTO, CBW Bank, Weir, Kan.
- Carrie Sumlin, digital consumer executive, Ally Bank, Detroit
- Arjun Sirrah, CTO, Darien Rowayton Bank, Darien, Conn.
- Secil Watson, head of wholesale Internet solutions, Wells Fargo, San Francisco
The recognition highlights bankers who are helping their organizations create better digital experiences, including biometric logins, a faster payments product, virtual relationship management services and simpler digital lending platforms.