ABA added ten banks to its Nasdaq Community Bank Index (ABAQ) today. The index now includes 363 community banks with a combined market cap of over $222 billion. The newest additions are:
- Allegiance Bancshares, Inc., Houston
- BOK Financial Corporation, Tulsa, Okla.
- Centrue Financial Corporation, Ottawa, Ill.
- Commerce Union Bancshares, Inc., Brentwood, Tenn.
- Equitable Financial Corp., Grand Island, Neb.
- First Community Financial Partners, Inc., Joliet, Ill.
- Live Oak Bancshares, Inc., Wilmington, N.C.
- OptimumBank Holdings, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- People’s Utah Bancorp, American Fork, Utah
- Provident Bancorp, Inc., Amesbury, Mass.
The index, launched in 2003, represents all Nasdaq-listed banks and savings associations except the 50 largest banks and those with international or credit card specializations.
The ABAQ index is “the most broadly representative stock index for community banks and remains an important tool for giving banks more visibility with analysts and investors,” ABA said.